Are you a professional wanting to refer a family?
If you are a Health Visitor, Doctor or any other professional working with families and you feel someone would benefit from our service, you can make a referral on their behalf, with their consent.
Please download and complete a Referral Form by clicking the link below. Please email this to us (we are egress protected).
If you need to discuss the family situation prior to referral please phone us on 01606 606441 .
We do not operate a waiting list: family support is governed by the availability and suitability of volunteers. We will always give you guidance as to the current situation regarding volunteer availability.
What happens next?
- We assess each referral to ensure the support required falls within Home-Start’s remit.
- We will visit the family to discuss their needs and tell them about Home-Start’s service.
- We will then identify a suitable volunteer whose skills and experience match the needs of the family.
- As soon as a suitable volunteer is available, the co-ordinator will introduce them to the family and accompany them on their first visit. It may take time for a volunteer to become available and if a suitable match cannot be made then you will be informed.
- We will let you know when Home-Start support starts and ends and may ask you for feedback about the impact our service had on the family.
We will provide regular updates, within confidentiality guidelines, on our progress with the family.