- live in Cheshire (currently excluding Chester & Ellesmere Port)
- have one or more pre-school children
- are experiencing difficulty and need a little practical help and/or emotional support
You may be offered support through a volunteer visiting you at home or
you may wish to attend one of the Family Groups
A Mum who had support says…..
“….you have given me friendship, help, advice and the support I really needed. Before Home-Start my life was in turmoil. I suffered from depression, low self-esteem, no confidence and I felt isolated ….. I had hit rock bottom. Home-Start helped kick-start the beginnings of a new chapter in my life.”
For more information on what you can expect from Home-Start Cheshire please see our information sheet.
Why choose Home-Start?
- feeling isolated, maybe with no family nearby and struggling to make friends
- suffering with post-natal depression and maybe finding it hard to talk to anyone about it
- having a hard time coping with your child’s illness or disability
- affected by the death of a family member
- struggling with the emotional and practical demands of twins, triplets or children under 5
- finding it hard to cope with relationship difficulties
- feeling exhausted or depressed
- coping with your own illness or disability
- being a listening ear or someone to talk to
- adult company
- helping and playing with your children
- giving reassurance
- helping you to find out about and access other local amenities and services
- giving encouragement and motivation
- giving practical help